Outsourced health and Safety
Although legal compliance is a good starting point, health safety and environmental management is about bottom line benefits. It’s about engaging with and protecting your people and business partners, strengthening your reputation, reducing potential losses and supporting your core business activities. DMW have a team of experienced and qualified consultants specialising in health safety and environmental management for large organisations and public authorities.
Solutions for Small and Medium Sized Business’s
Many organisations have found that using DMW is a cost-effective alternative to employing an in-house qualified health and safety specialist. We can deliver specific services such as policy writing, risk assessments, audits and training . For a modest monthly retainer fee we can also provide ongoing support for your business and act as your named competent health and safety advisor. If you are in a supply chain, DMW can assist you to meet and exceed the health, safety and environmental standards expected by your clients.
How we can help…
• A one-stop shop for all your health safety and environmental compliance needs
• Tenders and PQQ’s – we can help guide you when answering questions on health, safety and environmental matters. We can also help you put systems in place to satisfy your clients.
• Training services –fire, asbestos, COSHH, risk assessment, contractor control, display screen assessment, manual handling and accident investigation.
• Risk assessment and safe system of work development.
From golf courses to poultry farms, construction sites to warehousing, food production to care homes we can help.
Why Choose DMW?
• Qualified consultants in-house.
• We are practical people – any documentation we provide is clear and straight-forward
• Our recommendations will be practical and proportionate to the risk
• The service we provide will be tailored to your needs
• Proven track record of delivering services to organisations of all sizes across the UK
• Free regular health safety and environmental update newsletter to our clients
• We will serve you in a professional, prompt and efficient manner
Case Study –
UK Mobile Phone Company
DMW manage the entire HS&E function for the mobile phone company comprising over 300 stores, 3 offices and several data centres throughout the UK. Reporting to the Senior Management Team we are responsible for the following functions.
• HS&E Policy and strategy – We have developed a coherent strategy, ensuring clarity on how the organisation manages its HS&E risks.
• Risk Profiling – management of the legal register and risk register for the organisation.
• Contractor compliance assessment – Dealing directly with the outsourced FM suppliers, we ensure a joined-up strategy, protecting the client and the
• Accident, incident investigation and reactive support – as well as dealing with emergency situations and providing immediate practical advice, we capture the data, analyse trends and devise solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Legionella management including high risk data centre sites with evaporative condensers.
• Regulators – DMW serve as the point of liaison for HSE, EHO’s, Fire Authorities and NMRO
• Store risk assessments and audits – All stores are visited by a HS&E auditor. Store Managers and employees are guided in person in how to make their stores compliant with health safety and environmental risks controlled.
• WEEE and battery product compliance – Advising the business, DMW help ensure that the business understand their responsibilities under waste legislation as producers and distributors of electrical and electronic equipment.
• People assessments, including display screen equipment and workstation ergonomics , new and expectant mothers, and workspace assessments.
• Fire and emergency planning – as well as advising at retail store level, DMW have assessed the fire and emergency risks at corporate premises and business critical data centres, devised the emergency evacuation plans and provided bespoke training for fire marshals.
• Staff training – as well as delivering face-to-face training with a personal touch, DMW have designed and implemented e-learning for all employees. This allows the capturing of training data allowing us to monitor competency and provide assurances internally and to regulators that all people understand the risks of their workplace and how to work in a safe manner.